"If opportunity doesn't knock make a door!"
That is our aim at Business Incubation Centre, University of the Punjab … to create doors for our young entrepreneurial minds who have brilliant and innovative ideas. We, at BIC provide the relevant platforms to the students and faculty of our University to crystallize their ideas, develop them into viable projects and commercialize them into successful startups. BIC will incubate those business ideas which are at an initial stage and nurture them to become successful businesses, hence turning job seekers into job creators, which will contribute to their own lives as well as towards the economy of our country.
Our aim at BIC-PU is to attract fresh minds to come up with unique business ideas for start-ups and associate their academic life with professional reality through commercialization. BIC-PU is dedicated to identify, incubate and nurture future-leaders and entrepreneurs who will empower economic development by creating innovations in products and services. I, on behalf of the BIC-PU team, welcome all those energetic people in the University who want to turn their dreams into reality, to connect with us and embark on an exciting journey of entrepreneurship and innovation.
Business Incubation Centre (BIC) at University of the Punjab
Business incubation centre (BIC-PU) has been established in the University with the aim to mobilize practical impact of research being carried out by the academic body of students and faculty. The HEC also supports the establishment of Business Incubation Centres (BICs) in HEIs of Pakistan to provide basic infrastructure and allied facilities for researchers and young entrepreneurs who are interested in developing early-stage business ventures. To further strengthen the efforts to commercialize research and innovation, Higher Education Commission (HEC) has provided collaborative funding to BIC-PU under a grant agreement under which BIC-PU was handed over to Institute of Business Administration (IBA-PU). IBA, under the leadership of its Director, Prof. Dr. Muqaddas Rehman, has very generously donated a 10,000 sq. ft building and provided funds to develop it into a state-of-the-art incubation facility within its own premises.
- To facilitate new company formation by providing an entrepreneurial nurturing environment for young start-ups by alleviating their survival and growth, thus encouraging them to reach their full potential. We aspire to develop individual talent, skills and personality to give each business the best possible start, thus fostering entrepreneurship at a local and national level.
- To foster an entrepreneurial culture, by providing the students, alumni, and faculty, opportunities to transform their business ideas to reality. These facilities are also open to the general public, provided they can either leverage PU’s knowledge base or contribute to PU’s knowledge base.
- To facilitate the availability of PU resources to the incubates in a mutually beneficial way.
- To provide a conducive working environment to the incubates to nurture their innovative ideas.
- To liaise with private and public sector funding sources, government agencies, industrial associations, chambers of commerce and industries to provide facilitation and networking for incubate companies.
To be a leading business incubation centre (BIC) of Pakistan driving innovative start-ups and entrepreneurial development.
We aim to produce determined business entrepreneurs with the right skill set of innovation, creativity and leadership. To achieve this, we will create a thriving eco-system of budding entrepreneurs, trainers, mentors, investors and the society at large who will work together to develop economic synergies for the benefit of each stakeholder in a sustainable manner.
- Creativity and innovation
- Perseverance and grit
- Commitment to results
- Continuous improvement
Business Incubation Centre, Institute of Business Administration, University of the Punjab, Quaid-e-Azam Campus, Lahore